Saturday, April 05, 2008

I've been to....


After my stint in Maningrida, I flew back (again on the pencil of death) to Darwin to hang out for 12 hours for a plane to Canberra - you'd think there'd be more than 2 planes a day and at slightly more convenient times than at 12 40 midnight. But who am I to complain where there's beer?

Leaving Darwin at 1240 saw me arrive bleary eyed to a rainy cold Canberra morning - the 3 hot chocolates I had a Sydney airport did nothing to awake me. And at 5pm that night I was back at the airport to fly to Perth via Melbourne. Thats right I flew from NT to Sydney to Canberra - back to Canberra airport to Melbourne to Perth. That's 5 airports and 3 states and 2 territories in 1 day - has to be a record.

I arrived in Perth at a reasonable 11pm to be picked up by my lovely friend Lisa, who drive way out of her way and braved the traffic in Perth. I was a bit shellshocked and not quite sure where I was but keen to have a great Easter break.

Cheryl's place in Perth is like heaven. Right on Scarbrough beach, 2 swimming pools (one with its own fake beach), a sauna and spa. Alana and I even had a room each - luxury compared with the Donga. We shopped, we ate, we drank, we saw Freeo (Freemantle), Rotto (Rottnest Island) and caught up with some long lost friends. Rotto was great fun with gorgeous little Quokkas (sp?) everywhere, we hired bikes and cycles around for hours stopping for a swim in a gorgeous bay that Alana still swears had a jellyfish (I'm still not convinced).

After Easter and much eating, it was time to do the multi-state trip in reverse. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home