Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Borneo - The Jungle

The 'sleeping in a hammock and homestay' part of this trip was one I wasn't really looking forward to. I had pictured rain, leeches, and uncomfotable moments with the locals. But I was pleasantly surprised. We were the lucky recipients of beds in the new eco camp which consisted of little camps on stilts and mosquito nets. Other than my toothpaste and glasses case being gnawed on by some small animal and the prevalence of DEET resistant mosquitos it was a pleasant stay.


Did I get a leech you ask? Yes, I did. But I caught it just before it reached the skin on my stomach at the top of my trousers....lucky escape.


The highlight was a river boat ride where we saw loads of monkeys, even the probiscus ones, as well

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home