Sunday, November 15, 2009

Borneo- the Jungle




The 'sleeping in a hammock and homestay' part of this trip was one I wasn't really looking forward to. I had pictured rain, leeches, and uncomfortable moments with the locals. But I was pleasantly surprised. We were the lucky recipients of beds in the new eco camp which consisted of little camps on stilts and mosquito nets. Other than my toothpaste and glasses case being gnawed on by some small animal and the prevalence of DEET resistant mosquito’s it was a pleasant stay.

Did I get a leech you ask? Yes, I did. But I caught it just before it reached the skin on my stomach at the top of my trousers....lucky escape.

An early morning river cruise on the Kinabatangan river saw loads of different monkeys and birds and some quite rare ones as well. We also saw some otters in the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home