Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ngukurr cont...


The original plan was for me to be in Ngukurr for 3 months. A fairly daunting idea, but one I had no less signed up for. On Thursday I was called to inform me that I was being 'redeployed' to Barunga and Jilkminggan.

So I pack up my worldly belongings and do the reverse trip back out to Katherine. Katherine, was once (apparently) a charming little town, I'm struggling to see any remaining evidence of it. After driving down every street I could see I ended up at Red Rooster for lunch. I was craving a homemade milkshake and a burger but it was not to be. However, I do have an airconditioned room, a swimming pool, and access to beer again. So how could I complain.

Monday morning I'm off to my new accommodation in Barunga, only 100ks from Katherine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home