Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Peeps


I was a bit excited about seeing the Orangutans in Sepilok and I wasn't disappointed. They had 2 feeding times and there were lots of visitors both times. In the mornings the little ones came out who had recently been released from the centre and seemed pretty happy performing for people - so much so that one of them followed the crowd of people back to the reception centre and hung out on the gutters for a while. In the afternoon I was confronted with the alpha male, who was huge and scary - although only a portion of the size of the ones in the wild and a mum and her two babies - one so tiny you could barely see it on her tummy. They were all pretty cute, especially the two who were chasing each other in what appeared to be a serious manner as the one being chased kept peeing himself.




Other than that, Sepilok is a pretty quiet and bloody hot place, so I was somewhat happy to move up into the mountains.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home